Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Author's Note: Blogs and Schedules. Input wanted!

Hello, ladies (and gentlemen, although I'm not sure I have any male readers)!  As I stated in my last post, I had lost my drive for writing for a very long time. Since getting back into it, words and thoughts have been coming fairly easily.  If I want to retain my reader base or gain new readers, obviously I need to better maintain my blog moving forward.  My first step will include posting twice more this week to get Emma's tale moving.  All of my posting is done through mobile (iPad or cell phone), so if you notice any formatting or spelling errors, feel free to point them out. Sometimes Swype and autocorrect get the best of me ;)

I'd also like to choose a posting schedule so you all know when to expect new posts.  With my last post, I had sworn I'd scheduled it to post automatically, but it never did show up until I posted manually.  That being said, I'm not sure I can trust posts to show up automatically when posting via mobile so I can't commit to a set time (if that makes sense?).  I work nights and sleep all day, so my posts will be generally up between 4-8am on the days i post.  I'm torn between a Monday/Thursday schedule or a Tuesday/Friday schedule.  Let me know in the comments what you guys think!   I love hearing what everyone has to say.

Next order of business: as should be obvious, I love finding new blogs to read, share and follow.  I've updated my sidebar to include active blogs that I currently read.  Some are new and don't have a lot of posts or readers yet, so be sure to check them out and give some encouragement if you like what you read.  I'm always looking for new content, so if you love a blog I don't have listed, please share it in the comments!

Since there was such a huge gap in my posting, I'm considering going back and changing the dates on the old posts to make it cleaner and easier to follow the story.  I'm not quite sure I want to do that, since this isn't a "real-time" blog.  Again, input is much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone reading my posts.  I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

8 comments:

  1. I'd recommend Tuesday/Friday just because I think others do Monday/Thursday and it would give us serial blog readers something to look forward to! LOL.

    RE: changing the dates - I guess it would make the story a little more streamlined, but that was a significant time in your life that you have come through and you have come a long way. If a newbie is coming to read, they probably won't even notice as the posts don't skip any time.

    Keep it up! So glad you found your groove again. mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mum! I feel like you've been one of my biggest cheerleaders since I started this blog and I hope you know how much I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Mum...Tuesday/Friday. So glad your back and I look forward to reading more about Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! Starting next week, I will be following a Tuesday/Friday schedule. Keep an eye out for a new post this Friday!

      Delete
  3. Honestly, I didn't really notice the dates until I looked :D

    And I like Tuesday/Thursday if I can vote for that...... There are a few of us who do Mon/Wed (and Fri for me) and I think that Tue/Thur would give people more to read those days!!

    if you write ahead a few posts, then it won't even matter what the days are, just schedule them! It's SO much nicer to have 7-10 days done ahead of time, trust me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about writing in advance. I find it to be a lot easier now to sit down and write a few posts at once. I think I have 5 posts saved in my drafts and I intend to write at least 4 more so I have a bit of a cushion. As for the schedule, I'm going to go ahead and stick to Tuesday/Friday and any "bonus posts" will show up on a Thursday.

      Thanks for your input! I really love your blog :)

      Delete
  4. I really like the blog and glad you are continueing. I don't notice the dates either!!!

    I vote for at least one post on Friday as not many others Post then :) but any day will work for me!!!1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm happy you like the blog! I will be sticking with a Tuesday/Friday schedule starting next week. Check back this Friday for my next post :)

      Delete